Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth plugin for untiy

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by markoslo, Nov 27, 2014.

1. markoslo

markoslo

Hi, I'm trying to make unity plugin for checking if Bluetooth is on or off on the iPhone/iPad. And I'm kinda stuck halfway.

In my current plugin I just call one method that initializes CBCentralManager and then should check the state of the manager. But nothing happens when I call IsBluetoothEnabled in Unity. Like the delegate isn't being fired. But I do get the alert if I call it manually ([self centralManagerDidUpdateState:self.bluetoothManager];) in detectBluetooth method. So calling the plugin and that works. Just not the CBCentralManager I guess..

Edit:
    The delegate is beeing called on bluetooth on/off cange, but the state is always unknown. Any ideas?

P.S.: I'm no iOs developer, I snatched this code from stackoverflow.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21676835/objective-c-check-if-bluetooth-availability-changed

This is what I have:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #import <CoreBluetooth/CoreBluetooth.h>
    3. @interface BluetoothPlugin : UIViewController <CBPeripheralDelegate, CBCentralManagerDelegate>
    4. {
    5.     CBCentralManager *bluetoothManager;
    6. }
    7. @property (readwrite, nonatomic) CBCentralManager *bluetoothManager;
    8. @end
    11. @implementation BluetoothPlugin
    13. - (void)detectBluetooth
    14. {
    15.     if(!self.bluetoothManager)
    16.     {
    17.         // Put on main queue so we can call UIAlertView from delegate callbacks.
    18.         self.bluetoothManager = [[[CBCentralManager alloc] initWithDelegate:self queue:dispatch_get_main_queue()] autorelease];
    19.     }
    20. }
    22. - (void)centralManagerDidUpdateState:(CBCentralManager *)central
    23. {
    24.     NSString *stateString = nil;
    25.     switch(bluetoothManager.state)
    26.     {
    27.         case CBCentralManagerStateResetting: stateString = @"The connection with the system service was momentarily lost, update imminent."; break;
    28.         case CBCentralManagerStateUnsupported: stateString = @"The platform doesn't support Bluetooth Low Energy."; break;
    29.         case CBCentralManagerStateUnauthorized: stateString = @"The app is not authorized to use Bluetooth Low Energy."; break;
    30.         case CBCentralManagerStatePoweredOff: stateString = @"Bluetooth is currently powered off."; break;
    31.         case CBCentralManagerStatePoweredOn: stateString = @"Bluetooth is currently powered on and available to use."; break;
    32.         default: stateString = @"State unknown, update imminent."; break;
    33.     }
    34.     UIAlertView *alert = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"Bluetooth state" message:stateString delegate:nil cancelButtonTitle:@"Okay" otherButtonTitles:nil];
    35.     [alert show];
    36. }
    38. @end
    40. static BluetoothPlugin* delegateObject = nil;
    42. extern "C"
    43. {
    45.     bool _IsBluetoothEnabled()
    46.     {
    47.         if (delegateObject == nil)
    48.             delegateObject = [BluetoothPlugin alloc];
    49.         [delegateObject detectBluetooth];
    51.     }
    53. }

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Cherubim79

Cherubim79

Old post but in centralManagerDidUpdateState you need to call self.bluetoothManager instead of bluetoothManager, take out line 5 up there, and I had to remove autorelease because I was using ARC.

unityunity