Search Unity

bluetooth keyboard tvOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by livingtech, Mar 16, 2017.

1. livingtech

livingtech

I've got a game for tvOS, and I want to use a bluetooth keyboard to control it. This isn't going into the app store, (at least not for a while), so for now at least I can require the bluetooth keyboard.

But while `Input.getKey(KeyCode.LeftArrow)` works perfectly in the editor, it doesn't work on the Apple TV, even though a bluetooth keyboard is connected, and works perfectly in other apps. (Including a "native" test app I created with xcode.)

Anyone know if there is an easy way to get it working? I saw there is a project that gets iCade working (here: https://github.com/mattfox12/iCade-Unity), and that's essentially just a bluetooth keyboard, but I'd like it to work for all keyboard input, not just the iCade specific buttons.

drhorner likes this.
  2. woojin

woojin

3. drhorner

drhorner

I am having the same issue. Unity running on tvOS/Apple TV 4k does not get the keyboard input. The keyboard works fine on the apple tv in all other applications on it so it is definetly a Unity problem. The application will not go in the store with keyboard input but I need it for development/testing and I need to know how to make it work.

Anybody have any clues or workarounds? Can I make the keyboard act as a controller/joystick? I only need a couple of keys to work.

Ideas?

Thanks

4. Muckel

Muckel

hello,
    this stuff does bugging' me all time!
    Unity Staff will never answer here... they really don't care about support...
    i have filled dozens of bug report about the issue... nobody care since 2010... :-(
    the problem is @ Unity... until they change the code... you can't do anything...
    i have switched for a project to Unreal Engine ....
    because Unity3d is not able to solve the problem since beginning!!!
    M.