Search Unity

Blues Buddy - A Guitar Game for your iPhone / iPad

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by karl_, Jul 19, 2012.

1. karl_

karl_

What is Blues Buddy?
    Blues Buddy is a new mobile game (built with Unity!) that teaches users to play the guitar by offering interactive feedback as they play a real guitar. Centered around pitch detection mechanics and an epic story, Blues Buddy is an intriguing concoction of guitar learning tool and iPhone game. Learn to play by reading guitar tablature (a simple text based notation for reading music), which opens up an entire world of learning outside of the game itself. Once you've completed the game, you'll be prepared to take your tab reading skills just about anywhere tablature is available. In addition to being able to read tabs, you'll have the ability to play them as well! Blues Buddy teaches your fingers how to traverse the fretboard and teaches the muscle memory necessary to play the guitar like a blues legend.

Who are you?
    I'm Karl, the guy behind Parabox. I'm a guitarist myself, and professionally I'm a software and games developer. Blues Buddy is the latest project of mine, and by far the one I'm most excited about. I've been consistently disappointed with guitar games, and recently found myself with the opportunity to devote some time to an in-house project. Needless to say, the merger of game development and guitar for a project was a natural choice. Thus, Blues Buddy was born.

If you're interested, check out the Blues Buddy website.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012