Search Unity

Blue Screen o Death (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) Every Compile

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrLucid72, Mar 18, 2018.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Whether it be Windows, Mac or Linux compiling, I get this blue screen. Now, I never had this before until getting a Unity patch within the last 3 months or so.

The first thing you may think, memory, right? Well, even after a memcheck finished fine (no issue), it just so happened it was time for a computer upgrade. Meant to be!

Well, literally a new PC with a fresh Windows install: Still the same issue. Now, although it it's rare blue screens result from software, this is most definitely the case. It's unlikely a driver issue since it's a fresh install and I just got all the latest + greatest (especially since the hardware is totally different). I also tried those driver apps to get all the obscure ones.

I *only* get it when I compile my Unity project at about a 9 out of 10 chance each time.

Any ideas? Since this happens in the same fashion, it's gotta be something surrounding Unity + my project. I'll try downloading some bogus project and try to compile that later. Ours is pretty big (12gb + obfuscated; the output is only 2gb though). Not sure if that makes a difference.

Anyway! I'll try narrowing stuff down while I hopefully gather tips here.

2. FlyAnvil

FlyAnvil

Did you solved it?