Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloom on Quest

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by vpinto, Mar 2, 2020.

1. vpinto

vpinto

For the past few weeks I have been trying with no success to get bloom to function on device. I have scoured the internet, the forums, reddit, youtube etc. Seems like very few people have managed to get this to work. I understand that there is a lot of overhead with PP for Quest, but Bloom is something that I feel lends enough to the art style that it is worth it, and can be designed around.

I am currently using 2019.3 and the most recent version of URP, XR interaction toolkit, rendering with Vulkan, using the integrated URP post processing.

any help would be appreciated!

2. ArdaZeytin

ArdaZeytin

I am currently managed to get it work with using 2019.3, built-in render pipeline, latest post processing stack plugin from package manager. I have spent more than 10 hours to target 72 FPS but i couldn't make it.

3. Sayara

Sayara

Can you please explain how you got it work? Just like the original post, I feel like I have looked up a lot of resources but nothing worked!

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Using 2021 lts the URP bloom just worked.
    You can also get the Post Processing V2 package or Fast Bloom from the asset store. Might be worth a shot

5. Raikuns

Raikuns

From my personal experience Bloom does work with Oculus 2. Well it works but its not performant. I use Opencel instead of vulkan. and from experience the LIT material doesnt show emission (as of 2020.3.18f1) and i use Simple lit. But be carefull since bloom is very VERY taxing and doesnt leave a lot of headroom.