Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloom effect on only certain emission materials

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Hotpockets26, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Hotpockets26

Hotpockets26

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post things relating to this.

So I am trying to get my bloom effect from the post processing stack to work on only certain objects.
    For example I have an emission material on a plane outside some bars

Which is great thats what I want, but it also applys it to my torch which has an emission material on it to look like flame.

which is causing a glow on my "Player" that I dont want.

So my question is, is there a way to get this effect to work only on the object behind the bars?

Thank you,

2. PinkTsunami

PinkTsunami

I encountered the same problem. Old Image effect can threshold intensity exactly, so that can control the glow area with emission map. It seems impossible now.

3. halley

halley

In short, no. The "post" in "post-processing stack" means it is looking only at pixels that were rendered after the whole frame is done, not after various objects, and cannot distinguish which objects or textures apply. In movie rendering software, you could render a separate pass or layer which identified specific regions, and then used those separate layers in the mixing, but as far as I know, there is nothing like that in Unity's rendering pipeline. The closest you get is depth buffers or stencil buffers.