Search Unity

BLOKS Update

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ostrich160, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ostrich160

ostrich160

Hi there guys and gals of Unity, its bodge again with a new BLOKS update.
    In case you missed me last time, I created a little tool for first person 3d modelling, which allows non-artists to easily create 3d models in a natural and fun way. You can find out more about it with this quick trailer

So anyway, the update. It's been about 2 weeks of solid work in the making (shout out to rocket fuel coffee for keeping my eyes open), and I'm really happy with the result. Other than some minor additions like scrolling implementation, new UI and new block types, the big addition is PowerTools.
    So what are powertools? Well, previously in bloks, if you wanted to make a 9x9x9 solid cube of blocks, you'd have to place down 729 blocks manually. Now, you can have it at the click of a button, made up of any block type you want. Or maybe you want a hollow 9x9x9 cube, you've got that as well. Or maybe a cube of a different size, or just a square, or a circle, or a line or a corridor. We've got you covered. Powertools have personally saved me literal hours in building.
    Aside from that, you've also got much better optimisation with no more interior faces.
    I've got a nice trailer for the update here:

And a storelink here:
    https://bodgedev.itch.io/bloks