Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Official [Blog] Why we’re upgrading from Collaborate to Unity Plastic SCM

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by marie-unity, Dec 13, 2021.

1. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  2. Karsten

Karsten

Hello

I have a question, will Collaborate really go completely or will it stay as an alternative?
    I personally have made only bad experience in the past with SCM in 2 Projects and it was a total mess .

Unity Collaboration is very easy to use and very important, very easy to explain and reliable to use by non-technical people and you can use it paralell with Git if you know how. This made handling projects very easy for me and keept me sane. When looking the videos about SCM and how to use it inside the editor and its "advanced mode" I am getting sick,

I already see there will be huge issues in projects when members cause merge conflicts and other trouble and dont understand what to do, then the "seniors" must fix it , what a horror, the horror I had with "Git only" or SVN until I developed a reliable good construction with Collab and Git , if you take away Collab its a hard compulse for many of us.

CookieRA likes this.
  3. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Yeah it is a poor decision. I can't even use Plastic because it won't accept Paypal as a form of payment.

4. brownmouse10

brownmouse10

I kinda hate Plastic SCM and hope you revert it or make it optional to be able to use collaborate

5. impheris

impheris

so, any answer?