Search Unity

Official Blog Post Series - Games Focus: Creating and operating connected games with multiplayer networking

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by UnityJuju, Nov 15, 2022.

1. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

We're excited to share the eighth post in our Games Focus series, highlighting key product development initiatives for the year ahead and beyond. This installment covers the status, upcoming release plans, and future vision for Unity Multiplayer Networking.

Games Focus: Creating and operating connected games with multiplayer networking

Building a complete networking system for your game should be just like the game itself: unique and refined to fit your game’s experience.

With that in mind, we wanted to build a netcode solution that’s flexible enough to accommodate every core aspect of your multiplayer game, while also making it easier for you to use third-party tools or services if you need to. This is the fundamental goal of our netcode solutions.

Visit the Games Focus series thread to find a list of available posts and to share feedback about the series.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

2. defremov

defremov

REALLY looking forward to getting Multiplayer Play Mode introduced

3. Hatherninja

Hatherninja

Currently, I install the Gaming addon from Kodi's list of best gaming addons. I do not know whether you are familiar with Kodi or not, but it is really a great streaming player for streaming games, sports, movies, and sports.

For streaming any game or watching the sports first install a Kodi build from the popular ones. After that you can choose from the categories you want to watch like NFL, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, and many more.

4. Emikey1

Emikey1

@UnityJuju - I will check out the tutorials you've suggested. What I'm looking for is a tutorial that makes a very simple multiplayer game, even backgammon as an example, that illustrates how to use UGS services like Relay & Lobby to make a prototype.

Look forward to more content and collaboration in the future.

5. OKBET

OKBET

Hi just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more.

KikiSaintonge likes this.