Search Unity

Official Blog Post Series - Games Focus: Reach more players over multiple platforms and form factors

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by UnityJuju, Oct 4, 2022.

1. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

We're excited to share the fourth installment in our Games Focus series, which highlights key product development initiatives for the year ahead and beyond. In this blog, we cover the status, upcoming release plans, and future vision for how the Unity platform enables you to reach more players over multiple platforms and form factors.

Games Focus: Reach more players over multiple platforms and form factors

We will be focusing on targeted platforms and how Unity enables you to reach more players through these platforms and form factors. This includes a review of the work we have done in the last year to add a new platform and make it easier to reach existing ones. While we currently enable you to deploy across all major platforms, we also think, based on your feedback, that we have a lot of opportunities to improve, so we’ll share an overview of how we see things evolving going forward.

Visit the Games Focus series thread to find a list of available posts and to share feedback about the series.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.
    We're looking forward to hearing from you!

John3D, DragonCoder and Wattosan like this.
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Great to see proper dx12 support. Is this tested on VR as well with OpenXR?
    Last time I tried (2022.2b) it crashes a ton when working in-editor (to a point I didn't even get to making builds)

3. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

I'm really excited to finally hear some new updates about Unity's WebGL platform support, specially for mobile.

John3D, KamilCSPS and DragonCoder like this.
  4. John3D

John3D

"We continue to invest in improvements for mobile developers."
    Thanks for that!

5. pricedependent

pricedependent

The arrival of fresh information has me very psyched.

6. MarrySkyt

MarrySkyt

That is just an amazing news to hear!! hope we see more and more improvements later on