Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blocksworld game and physics

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hexdump, Nov 20, 2014.

1. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

Blocksworld is a game made with unity for the ipad. I have been playing it a bit and I have seen all blocks respond physically. Knowing the "poor performance" of Unity physics engine (PhysX) on mobile, could anybody provide any insight on how this fellows were able to have this bunch of structures/colliders/rigid bodies on mobile?

Things I have come across:

1) Sleep all bodies at the beginning and just wake up the ones that are close to the player
    2) For the blocks joints, do you think they use fixed joints? I mean for just fixed connections. I can't see another way to accomplish some of the structures they have (would require 1 block to be child of 2 or more if they use just parenting for this)
    3) Combine several rigid bodies into one. This would require in a lot of sitiuations a mesh collider.

Here the link to the game: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blocksworld-hd/id665886336?mt=8

Any idea or tip to learn a little bit about how this game (mainly about physics) was created would be really appreciated.

Cheers.