Search Unity

BlockLine : TouchScreen game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by gamestudio, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gamestudio

gamestudio

Hi! I'd like to show screenshot of my 2d touch screen game. Knowledge from this project is
    - Orthographic camera
    - Game script c#
    - Game ai
    - Prefab

$blockline1.jpg
    $blockline2.jpg

Please try to play : WebPlayer Version

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. xCyborg

xCyborg

Looks fun, but I coudn't even tell its type, is it a match 3 game? or flip the case?
    When to release?

3. xCyborg

xCyborg

Hope you chance.

4. xCyborg

xCyborg

Doesn't look commercial, so if you intent to distribute the sources...

5. gamestudio

gamestudio

6. starpaq

starpaq

good game. it takes some trial and error to actually understand what to do. I think everything looks good and its seems polished. Good use of sounds. Perhaps add a menu(maybe for other options or a simple tutorial or instruction page). For this kind of game though a menu isn't necessary but i do not think it hurts. The background grass texture is ok, but perhaps have the background change for different stages.

Overall I liked it!

Edit: Oh yeah it would be nice to see floating text showing how many points i get for each match set.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  7. Acumen

Acumen

I totally like the graphics. Everything fits together really nicely without being overdone. Solid artwork !

I'm also having a little trouble understanding the game rules.
    I thought it would be just a simple mahjong like game, but sometimes the symbol selection doesn't work ?
    Maybe I still didn't understand all of it, but I tried to click on each symbol and nothing gets selected.

Are there any special regions one has to click ? Or are there indeed special rules one has to follow, that I'm not aware of yet ?
    I'm on level 2 right now, and can't seem to select any symbol at all :eek:

Also I hate how I can click everywhere and that colorful spinning effect takes place. Should only work on selectable stuff, so I know clicking elsewhere has no effect, literally :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. JRavey

JRavey

It's a pretty good game. It was very intuitive. It actually looks to be commercially viable after some polish. It would work quite well on the iPhone/iPad/Android. I suspect, but have no proof, that the GUI would need some serious work for those platforms to improve performance. On the PC it runs very well, but you can power your way through the GUI system's inefficiencies.