Search Unity

Blocked by Play Protect

Discussion in 'Android' started by Egorkka, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Egorkka

Egorkka

I have this problem:
    When I build an apk on my MacBook, then this message is visible when installing my game in android: Blocked by Play Protect.Play Protect Doesn't recognize this app's developer.
    I'm using unity 2018.2.1f, java 1.8 and the latest version of android sdk.
    I completely reinstalled all of the above tools, but the problem is still present.
    On Windows 10 such problem I do not exist.
    What could be the problem?

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Do you sign the apk with your key or do you use a development key? Do you have an app installed on your device when you try to deploy it from the MacBook? Try to remove it from the device if an older version is already installed.

3. naagi

naagi

same things happen to me, but i build the app from windows 7 using unity 2017.3.0p2, java 1.8 and latest android sdk, and yes i sign my apk with a fresh generated key from unity

my solution so far is to remove the keystore completely from app and build it with unsigned (debug) and no keystore

4. PZ2100

PZ2100

I have a similar issue however it surfaces only when I submit an app which I already have published on Google Play to Samsung Galaxy Apps store. It's the same app, with the same package name, signed with the same keystore. Though it's a slightly different build ("more games" button is hidden because Samsung doesn't allow links to Google Play).

Here is Samsung's report on this: Capture.PNG

They even made a video showing what happens (can't upload it here since .mp4 files aren't allowed). Anyway, right after installation there is a popup:
    PlayProtect.PNG
    and when the tester presses OK, an error shows and installation fails:
    Error.PNG

This app is published on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamesforgirlsfree.girlssquad

So I'm assuming that Play Protect (which is pre-installed in Android OS 7 or later) detects that the app is already published on Google Play but now tries to get installed from somewhere else - and gets blocked?

If it's like this, then Google is now effectively blocking all third-party Android stores. Right?

Should one build apps with different package names then (for alternative stores)?

5. PZ2100

PZ2100

Btw this seems to be an issue with every app that I submitted to Samsung Galaxy App store in the last several days (but not before).

Some Galaxy App testers seem to be ok with this error and only mention it in "Issues recommended to be fixed" (and the app still gets accepted), but some put it in "Issues must be fixed" (and reject the app).

I tried explaining the situation to them but they seem to not know what it's all about and simply record what they see.

My guess is that this has nothing to do with the app (since I'm seeing this across all apps now). It's probably some global change in Play Protect, which Google triggered remotely a few days ago. And this blocks anything outside Google Play.

Can we do anything about this at all? It likely doesn't even have anything to do with Unity.

6. naagi

naagi

it seems true, my apps does not event publish on galaxy apps store, im just using it for limited use by our client and they report the same issue

7. danial_gabriel

danial_gabriel

I Have The Same Problem , i have a game that i want to publish it in another market , but play protect dosent let my game be install

8. Crichton333

Crichton333

Did you ever find the fix for this error ?

I tried every combination, tried to publish on the Samsung store and got the error, then on Google Play and again on Samsung but the error was still there. Same key and everything. Unreal. Google Play Protect still pops up.

9. challyyo

challyyo

Did you ever find the fix for this error ?

10. Miteshk7

Miteshk7

I'm having the same problem too, would really like some help on this.

11. cratmodandskin

cratmodandskin

me too i have the same issue

12. cerman123

cerman123

Hello,

I have the same problem. I thought that you solved the problem because this question was published in 2018
    How did you solve it? Thank you so much for your support.
    Sincerely,
    Cem Erman

13. Abdelkarim_taliane

Abdelkarim_taliane

Hello everyone!
    I have the same issue, I changed my package name & I created a new key but it still the same, I thought that was the problem, anyway if there is anyone here who had fixed the problem, please let me know soon as possible.
    thanks!

14. BeastOfWorld

BeastOfWorld

I Have the same problem, Blocked by Play protect when submit to Samsung Store by their testers
    So weird

15. one-up

one-up

We have the same problem wih one of our apps. Other app works fone though...

16. Miryum

Miryum

17. one-up

one-up

Thanks I'll give it a try,

18. Konohadao

Konohadao

I have the same issue, I changed my package name & I created a new key but it still the same, anyway if there is anyone here who had fixed the problem, please let me know soon as possible.
    thank you

19. Miryum

Miryum

Are you planning to publish your game in Play Store? If yes, then just publish it that problem doesnt show up anymore.

20. OMARAITALKADI

OMARAITALKADI

the same thing happened to me when i built my app from (windows) then i transfer it to my android phone a message appear that says ( play protect doesn't recognise this app's developer) i thought that because that the app is from unknown source and only app that from play store provided by the developer ID provided by the the developer himself from developer account
    and i uploaded the app to galaxy store and as unexpected was rejected because that problem mentioned before
    what's the problem then ??????

21. hemiltech

hemiltech

i also encountered the same problem when uploading on samsung galaxy store, but i resolved it by using import google app button.

22. TATEY-APPS

TATEY-APPS

I have the same issue. Please help

23. julio-mixmob

julio-mixmob

I know it's a old thread but I have the same issue.
    After building the android apk using Github actions, my testing phone (samsuing galaxy S20FE) started to report this mesage before install the game. i need to pick "install anyway" to ba able to install it.
    My account and license is already set in the github actions, so I don't know why the apk has a "unknow developer" set.

24. Mirpayziev

Mirpayziev

any updates here? we catch the same issue.. we try to create new debug build with unchecked keystore but getting same message.. we try to change package name, product name, remove library.. no luck yet.. and the thing is that when I create build on my own laptop all good.. but on client's laptop "Doesn't recognize the app" for same project