Search Unity

Games Block Builder (Just started)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NoCandyIncluded, Jun 11, 2019.

1. NoCandyIncluded

NoCandyIncluded

This is a block builder game, similar to something like minecraft but is in it's very early stages. I dont plan to release anytime soon, as I am only making it as practice, and not to try and market atm. I will post updates on this on my channel, feel free to add suggestions or challenges!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. Serinx

Serinx

Looking good!

This is really weird, but I made a very similar prototype recently and made almost exactly the same building as you did hahaha.

Check this out:

I'm officially creeped out

RavenOfCode likes this.
  3. NoCandyIncluded

NoCandyIncluded

great minds think alike! I really like the effects in it, I promise not to steal them! haha

Serinx likes this.
  4. khos

khos

This is very nice! Would you be willing to share some info on the build system, how do you get the blocks to align so nicely? raycast , if name matches position against collider axis with an offset?

5. NoCandyIncluded

NoCandyIncluded

Sorry for the late response, but the build system isnt actually as much as a system. The building "system" was scripted in one script with a little under 200 lines of code! Aside from the camera movements of course. To get the blocks to align I simply use the Math.Round() method. eg:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector3 Newpoint = new Vector3(Mathf.Round(hit.point.x), Mathf.Round(hit.point.y), Mathf.Round(hit.point.z));
    the 'hit.point.[axis]' being where the raycast hit a collider.