Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blitzlike

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by patmaba, Oct 7, 2011.

1. patmaba

patmaba

Hello,

I'm new here and i am a developer coming from Blitz3D world. I'm currently learning and migrate to unity.

What is interesting in unity is the fact that you can execute application in web mode.
    Unfortunately, I can't do this with Blitz3D who is a basic language game oriented easy to learn fast and simple.
    Unity is a tool that contains a scripting language with a rich object-oriented API. you can do very much, with a real support, dynamic developpers, robust, ... serious and multiplatform. I love that.

Learning unity requires more effort. It is more difficult because necessary to understand many concept(IDE, gui, class hierarchy, all is oo ).

As developer, I trying scripting chapter in unity.
    I started an exercise: try to make a semblance of Blitz3D into unity using a class abstraction who facilitate me code conversion Blitz3d to Unity Script.

Do not dream, it's imposible to convert Blitz code into a unity code. The reason is clear : the architecture and design are not the same.

At the begining I start my project Blitzlike. This project turn around a script called blitzlike who containt a class Blitz.
    This class try to do Blitz3d philosophy in unity.

I put my work blitzlike in my public dropbox located here : BlitzLike

Try it and don't be too bad with me. I dont making a revolution. I'm just trying to learn scripting in unity making a link with my knowledge of Blitz3D.
    blitzlike is born during my learning progres who is not finished. However, you can read my job, tutorials and demos online that will give you an overview.

It though it can be usefull for a blitz developer who want to start into unity scripting.

If you want you can send me your feedback, comments, ...

patmaba