Search Unity

Blendshapes creating lighting artifacts.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Safemilk, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Safemilk

Safemilk

Hey guys, I've seen this issue for a while and I'm not sure how to fix it, I have exported a .fbx from 3dsMax 2016 with all deformations on (morphs, skins, etc.) and the model will come in fine if there aren't any morphtargets/blendshapes created for it, but the minute they exist on the model, some pretty strange lighting artifacts show up.

I'm not sure what is causing it, and I remember this not being the case in one of the previous Unity versions, one of the earliest versions of 5.3 I think it was? Has anyone else encountered this?

Unity Ver. 5.4.0f3
    FBX Plug-in version: 2016.0 Release (232667)

Here's a shot of the problem.
    http://imgur.com/uCXDOMb

Thanks, guys.

2. Safemilk

Safemilk

Hey guys it seems to be working now, in the advanced tab in the exporter are some options to set the exporter version. Before, none of the versions worked, but after installing a service pack for 3ds Max, and setting it to the latest fbx exporter version, the problems and artifacts were gone!

It's possible that this is unrelated and not the cause of the fix, but there is enough of a correlation for me to think that might be what did it. So even though you're all monsters for not responding I'll still post this in case other people have this problem. :D

theANMATOR2b likes this.