Search Unity

Blendshape problem in Unity 4.3.4

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jibby, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Jibby

Jibby

Hi there,

I'm trying to export a skinned mesh with 7 blendshapes attached to it. The issue I am having is they don't seem to work within Unity but work fine in Maya. The blendshape node is attached to the mesh and upon closer inspection, the mesh seems to animate slightly when I play with the sliders in Unity. The strangest part is they all animate in the exact same way but still just slightly. I checked Maya's fbx export settings and blendshapes are turned on. Unity seems to be recognizing the node and naming the sliders accordingly but I cannot seem to figure out what is happening here. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Jibby

Jibby

It seems like I've figured it out. I had a jaw joint I used to open up the character's mouth and created a blendshape from that pose. Then I deleted the jaw joint and I think somewhere in that commotion, Unity could not understand what Maya had done with the joint. Once I did a brand new blend from a mesh I duplicated from the model without the jaw bone entirely, it worked. So just a heads up for anyone using blendshapes and joints in this way. Don't do it. Works in Maya, won't work in Unity.