Search Unity

Blending Issues Between 2 Free Look Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by JagBone, Jul 21, 2019.

1. JagBone

JagBone

Hi,
    I'm making a over the shoulder camera. I'm blending 2 Free Look Cams, one is behind the player when standing and the other is over the shoulder when aiming. However, when the transition occurs, the camera seems to shift between the top rig of the standing-cam to the bottom rig of the aim-cam. Below is the video showcasing the issue:

Any help is much appreactited. Thank you!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

In this kind of situation, it often helps to have a common point which is the LookAt and Follow targets for all the rigs of both FreeLooks. If necessary, make an empty GameObject child of your player and place it up near the shoulders or something like that. Use that GO for all the targets.

Can you try that and let me know if it helps?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    JagBone likes this.
  3. JagBone

JagBone

Thank you! That did the trick. Originally, I had 2 empty Gameobjects in the Player called CamPos and AimCamPos.

After following your advise, I realized I only needed the CamPos and removed the other one. I positioned the CamPos at the right shoulder of the player and have both Freelooks' LookAt and Follow targets be the CamPos as per your advise.

I also make use of the Cinemachine Offset component to create that third person look instead of tweaking the rigs of the Freelooks.

Below are the final result:

Overall, I was able to achieve the result I wanted with your advise. Thank you very much!

Gregoryl likes this.