Search Unity

Blending from a state-driven camera to a just activated virtual camera and using OnCameraLive

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by gijsoman, May 9, 2019.

1. gijsoman

gijsoman

Hey there,

I am pretty new to Cinemachine and i encountered a problem. In my scene i have a state-driven camera with 2 virtual camera's that blend based on the animations of my character. Besides this state-driven camera I also have a normal virtual camera (not a child of the state-driven camera). When I enable this camera it fires it's OnCameraLive event correctly and cinemachine blends to this camera perfectly. One of my state-driven cameras also has an OnCameraLive event which I want to trigger when I come back from the camera i just blended to (the normal virtual camera). If I am correct this event should fire if my camera is becoming live from a standby state. However when I perform the first blend from the state-driven camera to the normal vritual camera it also fires the OnCameraLive event from the state-driven camera. Sorry for the very vague explanation I hope you will understand. I probably do something wrong but is there any way to fix that the OnCameraLive event wont trigger when I am blending to another camera?

Hopefully there is someone that can help me with this. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. It is not my native language.

Best Regards,

Gijs Bakker

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Hi Gijs,

I *alomst* understand what you're saying. Maybe the best way would be to export a very small package with a simple scene that shows the problem. I would be happy to take a look at that.

3. gijsoman

gijsoman

Hey Gregoryl,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed one. Well here I am trying to reproduce the problem but I can't. It seems that the problem solved itself (of course I did something different this time hehe:p). I think it was a user error in this case. Now it works how I thought it should be working so no problem anymore ^^.

Once again thanks and sorry for taking up your time.

Kind regards,

Gijs Bakker

Gregoryl likes this.