Search Unity

Blending between post processing volumes in Cinemachine

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mrtenda, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mrtenda

mrtenda

When using the post processing stack (v2) independently of Cinemachine, there is a "weight" parameter that allows blending between multiple volumes. Is there any equivalent functionality in Cinemachine to blend between two volumes on a single virtual camera?

I understand that this could be done by blending between two virtual cameras, but unfortunately that would not work for my use case. For my use case, the blending between the volumes needs to be in sync with the game's day/night cycle, which runs on its own timing system that's different than Cinemachine's. In other words, the blending between virtual cameras should continue to be handled by Cinemachine every update, but the blending between post processing volumes needs to be handled by the game's day/night cycle logic every update. What would be the recommended way to achieve this?

Thanks!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I would put the day/night post-processing in its own global volume independent of Cinemachine. Any PP profiles you put on the vcams will blend with existing global volumes.

3. mrtenda

mrtenda

That worked excellently! Thank you very much!

Gregoryl likes this.