Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blending animations on same body part

Discussion in 'Animation' started by R4vakk, Oct 10, 2015.

1. R4vakk

R4vakk

Hi,

I have a blend tree set up for a humanoid character with different animations for movement depending on its stance and speed. To get a kind of crouch running animation, I stacked a running animation and a crouch walking animation together on the same blend tree coordinates . Visually, it works pretty much as I hoped, and the two animations blend well together.

Unfortunately, Unity doesn't seem to like it very much:

screenshot.png

As you can see, it also blends with an animation on completly different coordinates (bottom right of the blend tree) for seemingly no reason, which breaks everything since the character moves with root motion. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. R4vakk

R4vakk

Bump -- I am still looking for a solution if anyone can provide one.

3. Fab4

Fab4

I had the same issue. It only seems to occur in 2D blend trees. I created my own 2d blend tree with several 1D blend trees. I have had no problems since then.
    But I don't think that there is a 'better' solution than you are already using. It simply seems broken atm.

4. R4vakk

R4vakk

Okay, at least it's reassuring to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks for the 1D trees solutions, I'll try that!