Search Unity

Blender3d + UE4 + Unity3d = <3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TenKHoursDev, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Murgilod

Murgilod

Not only this, but the new UI had been in development for a while longer as well, it's just that it only finally started to come to form over the last... like, year and a half, I think?

Antypodish likes this.
  2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Antypodish likes this.
  3. joshcamas

joshcamas

Yeah, blender 2.8 has essentially been in development for 4 years. Not that the UI has necessarily been in development for that long, but clearly none of it has anything to do with Epic

4. iamthwee

iamthwee

The trouble with the blender UX or brilliance of it, depending how you look at it is --

It does so many things no prettier UI or grouping of components will make the learning curve easier. It just does, well, a lot of things, and if you want to use those things you have to learn it.

Also, when you come from blender and the hot keys then move to maya / max you appreciate how fast iterations are in blender. It's actually ingenious.

Anyway the above is just my opinion OC

5. TenKHoursDev

TenKHoursDev

Wow! I had no idea this thread would become so nutty. Conspiracies theories and all that crap xD

6. tcmeric

tcmeric

Ubisoft joins Blender Development Fund . Its not just UE. Which is good news for blender users, as this means it is likely being pushed towards being the community standard for other studios. This gives indies a better chance of translating their skills.

joshcamas and TenKHoursDev like this.