Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Blender -> Unity - duplicated Shape Keys don't show up

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by MassimoFrancesco, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

1. MassimoFrancesco

MassimoFrancesco

I have this issue where I'm not sure if it is a bug from Blender (2.82), or Unity (2019.3.06f). Or just my flawed workflow.

When I duplicate a Mesh inside Blender, which contains Shape Keys, the duplicated Mesh inside Blender also has these Shape Keys now and can change them independently. Working as expected.

But, if I import this .blend or .fbx file into Unity, I only see the Blendshapes on the original Mesh, not on the duplicated entry anymore.

My character body weight/size should be customizable in different body part areas (therefore the Blendshapes), together with being able to visually exchange clothing/equipment (therefore the separated/duplicated meshes, which will represent different clothing).

To my (limited) understanding of this subject, I need to set Blendshapes in code for both the body and the clothing the player is randomly setting/equipping, to avoid mesh intersection. This is where I fail currently.

If anyone has a hint why this is not working, or a tip for a completely different approach, I would be so grateful.

Right now, I'm about to scrap Blendshape body customization in total, in order to accomplish the more important clothing/equipment customization.

unityunity