Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Blender to Unity - FBX problem

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by rautudenis, Dec 11, 2020.

1. rautudenis

rautudenis

Hello,

I made a car in Blender, but when I want to export that car in Unity my car deforms. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? I will attach two pictures, one with the car in Blender and one with the car in Unity. Please help me. I didn't find a solution even though I searched. Thank you!

2020-12-11.png 2020-12-11 (1).png

2. digipaul

digipaul

Maybe the face normals are inverted? Try flipping them in blender and see if that fixes it. I think blender draws everything 2 sided. Alternatively change your material to be 2 sided.

rautudenis likes this.
  3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yeah, that could be a normals problem. You will have to flip the normals.

Also in blender, don't forget to apply the scale, rotation and location, before importing the car into unity.

rautudenis likes this.
  4. rautudenis

rautudenis

Thanks guys, that was it! I have one more question, why in Blender my car has a color, but in Unity is different?

5. tilakrawat2312

tilakrawat2312

i don't know why. but i am having the same problem with colours when importing

6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

In blender, did you use a shader/material for the car colour, or did you use a png. texture, painted with a flat red colour for the car colour?

7. rautudenis

rautudenis

I used a simple material for each parts.

8. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Okay. Blenders materials sometimes don't really carry over well into unity. So for now, you'll have to use one of unitys material, and try to recreate the car colours in unity.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
unityunity