Search Unity

Blender to Unity export - Poor Quality . Use of Photogrammetry (Meshroom)

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by krivocheev, Apr 23, 2019.

1. krivocheev

krivocheev

Hello, im working on an AR project, using Unity to develop it. Recently i discovered what "photogrammetry" is about and start to try new things. What i basically did is to create a 3d object by taking pics, using the Meshroom software. After that i exported the result into Blender. In blender i did the changes needed (cut the shape exactly in the way i need it) and exported a .fbx file from it.
    The 3d object looks awesome in blender, but when i import the fbx into Unity, alongside with the mesh, materials, it looks pretty bad (see pics below). There are more visible "holes" in the model imported in Unity, it looks blurried, etc.
    Im totaly new in blender, i dont know if there are certain things i need to do to properly export a model that i am missing. Also i read to change some light properties in Unity to see changes, i did try that but there are no huge improvements.
    Finally, im aware of the "Quality" settings in Unity, it does improve things, but i can't ever reach the same quality as it look in Blender.
    Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. alexmcgt

alexmcgt

Looking at pictures I can't tell what's the difference.
    Is it differently lighted?
    One should expect the default lighting setup to differ between software packages.
    Texture quality?
    Unity uses texture compression by default. That can be changed.
    Also, shaders should be similar.

krivocheev likes this.
  3. krivocheev

krivocheev

Thanks for the quick response alex. I reuploaded the image so it's easier to check the difference between the two softwares. The one on the left is from Blender, and the smaller from the right is the Unity imported fbx from blender.
    Im not sure if i am exporting the fbx in a wrong way, or if i am missing some Unity configurations, light setup, material or mesh stuff. What i see is a nice HD object in blender and the blurried version on Unity.
    Thanks again!
    @alexmcgt

4. krivocheev

krivocheev

Within the textures, in unity i changed the shader, which did the trick to make it look almost the same as in Blender.
    Thanks again! :)

alexmcgt likes this.
  5. kwajom_unity

kwajom_unity

How exactly did you do that thanks?