Search Unity

Blender to Unity export causes deformation

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Mr_Kreuzer, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Mr_Kreuzer

Mr_Kreuzer

I have no idea how this happens, I exported dozens of models with armature into unity and this never happend.
    (No animation here)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      153.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      165.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Mr_Kreuzer

Mr_Kreuzer

bump? really need help with this

3. Mr_Kreuzer

Mr_Kreuzer

bump again. Used Blender FBX 6.1, but it doesnt support animations for some reason and crashes model.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Don't export to .FBX! The professionals who suggest you should are basing that on the need to pass it between platforms.

You're working alone and Unity will run the .fbx exporter for you if you just use .blend files. In practice, this means you can directly right click the files in the editor to open then in Blender. In Blender you can then save changes, and upon clicking Unity it will re-export/import automatically.

This is huge when you're dealing with issues like yours because you're wasting time in the file system. It helps the learning process.

As for you issue, some modifier is applied in Blender. Be aware that plenty of what Blender can do is specific to Blender and will not be included in the .fbx file Unity gets. (and Unity uses .fbx behind the scenes when you handle .blend files)

The best way to learn "wtf blender" is to upload .blend files, in my experience. There's just too much going on to say. Nothing to be ashamed of, I mean I deleted a lot of unimpressive files figuring this all out.

5. arcturgray

arcturgray

I had similar issues with Blender 2.79, reverted back to 2.78 after that. I fixed this by setting rolls of leg bones to 0.