Search Unity

Question Blender to Unity Animation Export Problems

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Wognum, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Wognum

Wognum

Hi, so i've have modelled, rigged and animated this robot in Blender and in Blender the animations and meshes works beautifully and the way I intended, but when I import the fbx file into Unity the animations becomes really weird and distorts the animations and meshes.
    I made two animations to test the model in Unity before continuing further, but when imported into Unity either one or both of the animations becomes weird. I've tried exporting using different settings and configurations, remade the animation with more keyframes, tried using different settings and configs in Unity and how it uses the animation.

I'm unsure if this is a problem with Unity or with Blender beacuse as i said; everything works as it should in Blender but gets fckd up in Unity. This could be because of blenders inverse kinamatics but I have searched around and cant find anything that would help my problem.

Please check the pictures for reference!

Help would be greatly apprieciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Did you reset the transform of your model before exporting? i.e. select all elements of the object in Blender, press Command or Control A then select from the apply menu All Transforms.

3. kamil_01

kamil_01

I have a similar problem with my FPS arm rig with my gun rig. Both have starting poses. I made a reload animation with look great but when exporting them to unity, it all looks mangled and not working. Fun animation is split from hand animations.