Search Unity

Blender to Unity 5

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Rekop, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Rekop

Rekop

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but i'm very new to this and would like to get going before I get too frustrated and give up. For some reason I can't get my Blender 3d object imported into Unity with their textures. I UV unwrap and then export the file as fbx. If anyone could shed a little light it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

2. carking1996

carking1996

Import and apply the textures.

3. Rekop

Rekop

How do you import the textures? I have no problem importing the object but it has no texture.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

You import them the same way you imported the model. When you imported the model it should have created a material that is attached to it. Once you've imported the textures you simply need to attach them to that material.

5. nipoco

nipoco

You import the textures separately into Unity and then apply a material which has that texture assigned to your model.

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  6. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

The model file generally doesn't include the texture. The texture(s) itself needs to be part of the Unity project somewhere under assets as well, just like the model file. Then you can apply that texture to the material within Unity's material inspector.

7. plasmabazooka

plasmabazooka

Does anybody have issue with Lightmaps for Blender models?
    I must tick "Generate Lightmap UVs" to get correct result for static objects. If I do import model just with UVs for textures a result is horrible.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

The easiest way is to put the textures in your Unity project first, and use those textures when UV mapping in Blender. Then everything just works when you import the model.

--Eric

9. Rekop

Rekop

Thanks for the replies. Finally got it working by dragging the texture onto the untextured item. I appreciate the help.

Cheers!

10. voltage

voltage

I have a similar question that pertains to animations. I posted it in the general support thread.