Search Unity

Blender to Unity 3D Animation Help

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Cody-Rauh, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

Hello,

I have been working on a project over two months now. During that time I had an animator on team, which has since become unavailable. I have been unable to find a new animator.

I have animated in the past, on a beginner level, I understand concepts such as key frames, I could watch tutorials and pick it all back up with enough time and patience.

The one part that has me really stuck atm is the layout, system the animator was using. It looks complex and honestly a little intimidating compared to anything I ever need to create animations before in blender. I don't know enough about what is going on in the scene to separate the components all back out without breaking things, into a layout that is friendly or familiar enough to do Youtube tutorials.

There is stuff here I have never scene in blenders animation system, and I don't know what it does.
    Without knowing the name I can't easily research/google/read about the specific thing I am seeing.

I need help understanding how he has it set up, and would really appreciate if someone had time to login to skype and do a screen share voice chat with me, to help me understand everything going on in the scene. A little bit of help would take me from currently stuck with no ability to move forward for all my animations, to being able to at least get back into familiar territory, follow some tutorials, knock the rust off my brain and get going again.

Please contact me via skype @ cody.rauh if you could find the time, to help me out.

Thanks in advance!

- Cody

2. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

You actually doesnt need that NLA editor(that window below that action editor), you can just ignore that or close that window. You only need the 3D view(of course), Animation Editor window, and TimeLine window...
    You add animation in action editor by clicking that "H_Sneak_Strafe_L" field, select "ADD NEW" to add new animation sequence, or select any existing animatin name to edit it.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Good input bart. @Cody-Rauh consider posting in a couple blender forums, blenderartist.org or cgsociety blender sub-forum where you can get direct help with blender UI. I've heard blender.org is pretty dead and since this has very little to do with animation you might get additional aid using those avenues.

Buhlaine likes this.
  4. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

@bart_the_13th - thank you, this helps I will see what I can do from there, if necessary I will repost in this thread again or IM you, with follow up questions.
    @falldetection - wtf. o_O This isn't the shop from home channel.
    @theANMATOR2b - thanks, and yes blender.org is pretty dead.