Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Blender To FBX Animation Issue

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by BrightBit, Mar 17, 2021.

1. BrightBit

BrightBit

Hi,

The following GIF animation illustrates my problem:

AnimationIssue.gif

The right hand of the model is not animated correctly in Unity. I had a similar issue before that I solved by setting one of the affected bone's roll value to zero. However, this time I can't find the root for my problem. Do you have any ideas?

I've attached a Unity Package with some test files, if you want to take a look. The package contains a blend file, so you will need Blender to test it.

Software Versions I am using:

Unity 2020.2.6f1 Personal
    Blender 2.90

Note: The GIF animation was done with constant interpolations between the keyframes. The unity package I provided uses linear or Bezier interpolation. However, the issue is not related to the interpolation mode. I already tested that.

Attached Files:

2. BrightBit

BrightBit

Just a small addition. I also made some changes to some FBX python importer scripts, i.e. to Unity's Unity-BlenderToFBX.py file and to Blender's export_fbx_bin.py file. However, the changes just enable the baking of all animation actions in blender and keep some objects from being exported, e.g. bones that don't deform and objects whose names start with an underscore.

3. BrightBit

BrightBit

unityunity