Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blender: Importing house mesh problem, inverted roof?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by obilaner, Jan 2, 2016.

1. obilaner

obilaner

Hello!
    I tried importing my house mesh from blender to unity by saving it as .blend file into my asset folder. Now something strange happened, the roof is mirrored / in the wrong direction.. How did that happen and how to fix that if it will occur once again?

Attached Files:

2. gurayg

gurayg

Hi,
    Can't see from Blender screenshot.

Did you use any modifiers on the roof object?
    Did you tried applying pos,rot,scale on all objects?

I also suggest you export as fbx file and import that into Unity.

Hope that helps.

3. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Yup, gurayg has it right. You appear to either not have the transform correct, or some modifier is doing it, more likely the transforms in my opinion. What happens is that the object needs to be at 0,0,0 generally, with zero rotation. Any rotation you do should really be in edit mode, directly on the geometry. If you rotate things in object mode, Blender knows about it, but Unity does not. So in object mode, with the objects all selected, hit spacebar, and type out(search for the command) apply transform(or something like that). It should do the trick if I'm right about the problem. There is also a keyboard shortcut for that, but since I never move things around in object mode when making for Unity, I rarely if ever use the command.