Search Unity

Blender game asset to unity help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gunman2010, Dec 15, 2017.

1. gunman2010

gunman2010

Basicly i am a noob, But..... i am needing help with my project i have created in blender which is not a Character but infact a project using blenders particle system and smoke simulation. Is there a way to export this file for it to work like it does in blender? i know .... stupid question but everytime i export all unity gives me is a box and then if i actually open the file itself it has all the parts of my project seperate :| all i want to do is use what i have created in blender into Unity. i have no problems with Standard objects like characters or tables or any static objects i have created in blender. Just this one. Any help would be appreciated. It's a tornado project.

Attached Files:

2. Print3d

Print3d

I think that particle system and smoke simulation are "proprietary" of Blender if you will, meaning that Unity does not really know how to handle that extra information... and unfortunately you simply can't use those... Sorry.

3. gunman2010

gunman2010

Wow that sucks alot, so that also means that i have to re-create it but in unity then?

4. Print3d

Print3d

I guess so, but look further on google or wait for some other confirmation. There are assets on the store which could help you if that's the case.

5. gunman2010

gunman2010

do you reckon it would be easy for Unity developers to incorporate FULL blender file support in the future? hopefully not so distant future......... or is there a way to forward this to the unity developers?