Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blender FBX: Why are only some actions being imported/exported?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Nanako, Mar 21, 2015.

1. arsalan-shah92

arsalan-shah92

EXPORT WITH ASCII SELECT ARMT AND MESH AND UNCHECK ALL ACTION

Attached Files:

2. alti

alti

Exploder1010, you are a god among men. 10/10.

if anybody is having trouble finding red things that are underlined, it's because you are setting multiple values per bone (transform, rotation, scale...). Make sure to hit the karrot to the left of each of your bones to find the red underlines. Pay attention to the bone you first find the red underlines on, so you don't have to keep hitting karrots as you go through the rest of your anims.

3. johnnyabrahamt

johnnyabrahamt

I have just figured out the solution. Surprisingly, I have this issue three years later and the solution is to "Push Down" your animations in blender. When you go to Action Editor and look at all your animations, which should have the words "Push Down" and "Stash" near them when open, select push down. Do this for all your animations and then export to Unity using binary to ignore mesh deformations.

unity_QaEJml5ZfnSrug likes this.
  4. Omzy

Omzy

@johnnyabrahamt Thanks man, this solved it for me when none of the other answers did.

5. Senshi

Senshi

3 years later and this just pushed me on the right track. In my case I had renamed an existing bone. For some black magic reason Blender decided to maintain the relationship internally, but keep the old bone's name in the keyframe's data path. In short, on export it was still looking for 'Bone' when I had renamed it 'Spine'.

The solution? In Pose Mode:
    • Make sure the broken animation is active.
    • Rename the offending bone back to whatever its data path suggests (in my case, 'Bone')
    • Then re-rename it back to what you want it to be.
    • If the change doesn't propagate to your other actions, move on to the next one and repeat.

6. Auresco

Auresco

I know this thread is really old, but for me, what fixed the problem of missing animations in Unity was to check the "Force Start/End Keying" under "Bake Animation" in the FBX export dialog of Blender (version 2.82). Hope it helps.

7. TRuoss

TRuoss

I made me a blender script to fix my channels. Maybe you can save some time with it. I Used this in the Blender TextEditor and pressed "Run Script". You should change the boneName aka groupName to whatever you have and what it should be. If you like you can uncomment the "if action.name..." if you want to change a specific action.

It will search for group.names, than it fixes the data_path and renames the group.name after.

Code (JavaScript):
    1. import bpy
    3. boneNames = {
    4. "Index1.R" : "Index1_R",
    5. "Index2.R" : "Index2_R",
    6. "Index3.R" : "Index3_R",
    7. "Index4.R" : "IndexTip_R",
    9. "mixamorig:Hips" : "Hips",
    10. "mixamorig:Spine" : "Spine",
    11. "mixamorig:Spine1" : "Chest",
    12. "mixamorig:Spine2" : "Upper_Chest",
    13. "mixamorig:Neck" : "Neck",
    14. "mixamorig:Head" : "Head",
    15. "mixamorig:HeadTop_End" : "Head_Pole",
    16. }
    18. for action in bpy.data.actions:
    19.     #if action.name == "Falling":
    20.         for group in action.groups:
    21.             if group.name in boneNames:
    22.                 for channel in group.channels:          
    23.                     channel.data_path = channel.data_path.replace(group.name, boneNames.get(group.name))
    24.                 group.name = boneNames.get(group.name)

8. ZoraMikau

ZoraMikau

Hey I had this problem in Blender 2.8! It seems like in Blender on the NLA panel you need the animations you want to export checked for them to import. upload_2020-7-28_19-22-53.png

Unsure if anyone else has this issue, but figured it was worth mentioning. Hope this helps!

9. RogueStargun

RogueStargun

Message from 2021! Thanks Exploder1010! Getting rid of these red underlined things fixed my problem!

10. Jaah-Kii

Jaah-Kii

From late 2022: THANK YOU! that was driving me insane

11. abrahambrookes

abrahambrookes

For me the issue was not with Blender, but with Unity. You need to manually add the new animations in the Unity import settings:

• Select your imported asset in the Unity file browser and look in the Inspector > Animations tab
    • At the bottom of the 'Clips' list, click the plus button to add a new clip to the unity import mask (it already exists in the imported fbx)
    • Leave the name as is, and click the "Source Take" in the section below to get a list of all the animations that actually exist in the .fbx
    • Select your animation from the list, the clip name will update to match
    For some reason that import mask doesn't update with the file when new animations are added, you have to add them manually.

upload_2023-4-30_13-33-24.png