Search Unity

Blender FBX Animations Import With Offsets

Discussion in 'Animation' started by DerekSturm263, Dec 4, 2020.

1. DerekSturm263

DerekSturm263

Whenever I import animations from Blender, it creates an offset that makes it unusable in unity. Each animation has a different offset, so I can't just create an empty to child the player to. I've tried lots of different things but none of them seem to work.

Mesh and rig in Blender. The origin for both the mesh and the rig are set exactly to (0, 0, 0).
    upload_2020-12-3_18-40-16.png

Player in Unity. As you can see, the offset is way off in both the Y and Z axis.
    upload_2020-12-3_18-42-10.png

Again, I have no clue what could be causing this, I've tried changing the import and export settings. In Blender, the export settings I changed are Deform Bones Only (true), FBX Units Scale (true), and Selected Objects Only (true). In Unity, I've tried changing the Root Transform bone (I'm using root motion) and none of the options made it look right. I've also tried changing the offset for Y, which works, but again, there's an offset on the Z axis as well.

2. DerekSturm263

DerekSturm263

3. pablobandinopla

pablobandinopla

did you found a solution for this?

4. pablobandinopla

pablobandinopla

i wand to say, if someone is having this issue, i found the solution in my case: my armature had an animation action that was changing the position of the armature itself. And the name of it put it at the top of the list of the exported actions in the FBX. So unity has taking that first animation clicp as the default pose, which was changing the position of the armature object. My guessing is that i created this clip by mistake when animating in blender with the "record" button ON, then i might have moved the armature bu mistake and that created an action on it...

long story short, i've deleted that animation clip which was a mistake and then everything worked as normal. Spent the entire day trying to figure this out, so i hope i saved someone of a few hours, now go and be productive! avenge me!