Search Unity

"Blender could not be found"

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by lmm6409, Jul 28, 2010.

1. lmm6409

lmm6409

HI, I'm pretty new to Unity but I have used it some. I just got a new computer (Windows 7 64-bit) and downloaded Unity and Blender into Program Files folders and I am trying to import a blender file into unity, just by importing new asset and trying to move from project tab to hierarchy or scene but get the 'Blender could not be found' error message. This same blend file imported fine into unity on my previous computer. What do I need to do to get unity to recognize Blender??
    Please any help would be much appreciated!

komicfan9 likes this.
  2. w00dn

w00dn

if you want to put blend files into the asset folder, you need blender 2.49. if you're going to only export fbx models and put them into the asset folder, then you can get the new 2.53 beta from the official website.

with 2.49, you need to have .blend files assigned to open with blender (set it the default app). i'd tell you to get an installer, that does it for you, but i couldn't find any official for windows 7.

after that, you should be able to doubleklick blend files from within unity.

ertbaran likes this.
  3. lmm6409

lmm6409

THANKS!! Easy enough!
    Also, I have tried to use the 2.5... versions with Unity and they did not work, only 2.49 has worked for me. Thanks for the help!

4. collinbxyz

collinbxyz

I am too late.....

5. Jasnik

Jasnik

Had same issue, I found that .blend files no longer opened blender if I double clicked on them.
    So I went to a .blend file right click --> open with and found blender.exe and selected that then ticked the box 'always use this app to open ,blend files' clicked OK.

Next time I dragged a .blend file to unity it worked.

coolamigo, sikvar and dbolden1013 like this.
  6. ak4514768

ak4514768

I
    I did the same but its again showing the same error. What to do?

7. Jasnik

Jasnik

Simple test if you click on a blender file does it open blender?

8. ertbaran

ertbaran

Thanks. I just double click on the .blend file. Then set as Default App for .blend files. And fixed.

9. Birthdayboi

Birthdayboi

sooo the problem happened to wen i was trying to export bender files in to unity and wen i dragged and dropped nothing happened and the error showed up and w00dn said that if you want to export blend files you need blender 2.49 but wen i looked on Betas on steam i didn't see it so can any one help me??

10. g4ma

g4ma

You can get Blender here.

11. Birthdayboi

Birthdayboi

12. Birthdayboi

Birthdayboi

it doesn't work for me i can get it installed and is there any way to get ver 2.49 on steam because it all ways opens the installer in stead is there something i am doing wrong ??

13. yiak65

yiak65

i have the same problem. when i double click the .blend file, it opens it in blender, but unity still says it cant find blender.

14. lyLuma

lyLuma

What you have to do, or at least what I had to do, was reimport them afterwards. So just import them, error appears, 'always open with Blender', reimport, and it's done!

tzw2088 likes this.
  15. DBarlok

DBarlok

Thank you! Saved my day!

16. tzw2088

tzw2088

Thank you very much!

17. HRMTyt

HRMTyt

i have windows 11 and when i hit open how do i make it so it always opens with blender?