Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Blender] Correct rotation in Blender

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by SoxwareInteractive, Jul 16, 2016.

1. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi,

I purchased some models from the Unity Assetstore. Then I imported the .fbx to Blender and modified them a little bit.
    When I import the .blend files with Unity, they end up beeing in a Gimbal Lock (due to the fact that Blender has the Z axis pointing upwards --> when correcting the rotation by hand in Unity, the Armature gets in a Gimbal Lock).

When I correct the rotation of the objects in Blender so that y axis points upwards (like in Unity) I have the problem the all the Animations do not get rotated...

That's how I did it:
    I rotated the armature and then hit [CTRL] + A --> Apply Rotation and Apply Transform. But when I reopen the blender file (with Blender), the object suddenly is in it's original position again (because of the animations).

So how do you correct the rotation of an existing .blend file with animations to correctly import into Unity? I already invested lot's of time in searching around for solving this issue but had no luck yet...

I also tried the script from the wiki (which does the rotation fix automatically), but it messed up my model...

Thanks for your help!

2. sliverkf

sliverkf

3. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Thanks for your help! I will give it a try