Search Unity

Blender Cavity Effect and Sharp Shadows

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by MalyaWka, Feb 17, 2022.

1. MalyaWka

MalyaWka

Hello everyone!

I don’t know if it’s in the right thread, but I decided that it’s worth sharing this on the forum here.

Blender Cavity Effect for URP

Download - GitHub

Sharp Shadows for URP

Removed

All the best ✌️

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  2. burningmime

burningmime

Thanks for sharing.

Just a heads up that Gustav is now selling his stencil shadows implementation on the asset store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/sharp-shadows-toolkit-152791

Since it was open source at one point, you're not really doing anything wrong per se, but it's kinda bad form, especially since his algorithm to convert nonmanifold meshes to manifold is somewhat unique and not trivial to implement or think up.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    gustavolsson likes this.
  3. MalyaWka

MalyaWka

Thx. I wrote to Gustav, if anything, I will delete / redo it.

4. gustavolsson

gustavolsson

Hello,

I've never actually made my package open-source (in particular, re-distribution has never been allowed) so I would like you to remove it from all public repositories as soon as possible.

Note that even free packages on the Unity asset store under the standard license do not allow redistribution of the individual asset outside of a game binary.

Thanks for understanding/letting me know about this!

@MalyaWka: If you want to extend upon my work, an alternative could be that you create an asset store package (that could be free) that requires my toolkit as a dependency, the asset store allows this and you can specify it in the asset description. If you rather want to make an open source project on GitHub, I suggest that you have a section in the README file called "Dependencies" under which you list my package. If you just publish my code in your repo, I'm pretty sure people will not go back and pay me for it ;)

5. MalyaWka

MalyaWka

Thanks for the answer.