Search Unity

Question Blender animation not working in Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by WLCS, Oct 26, 2022.

1. WLCS

WLCS

Unfortunately for days I'm facing a problem with the animation of my character's mouth. Initially I created the Character in Fuse and exported it to Mixamo. In Mixamo, Auto-Rigging and an animation were created. I exported the character in FBX format from Mixamo to Blender. In Blender I created another extra animation. This animation opens the character's mouth. I exported the character in FBX format from Blender to Unity.
    This animation of the mouth opening works perfectly fine in Blender, but in Unity it doesn't. I don't get errors in Unity, what happens is that instead of the character's mouth moving, what moves is the character's body. The mouth does not open. This is strange. I realized that this movement of the character's body is identical to the movement that should be of his mouth.
    As the Blender animation didn't work in Unity, I tried to animate the character's mouth directly in Unity, but the mouth doesn't move either. Neither the mouth nor any other part of the character's body moves. I can't change the position, angle or size of character parts. Everything is within the Character's Armature. I think the problem is this. So I don't know what to do to make this mouth opening animation work. That's where my cry for help comes in.
    Another thing, this character has a shield outside the character's Armature. I created an animation on this shield in Blender and exported the FBX to Unity and it works fine.
    I searched a lot about this problem and found nothing. I entered the Blender forum and someone commented that the problem is in Unity. Actually I don't know where the problem is, if it's in Unity or Blender. I'm using Unity version 2022.1.16f1. Please don't block this topic if my English isn't very good. I really need help.
    Thanks.