Search Unity

Blender Animation Export Bug? Seriously or is this me?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gooncorp, Oct 15, 2014.

1. gooncorp

gooncorp

I am all of a sudden having a really difficult time exporting a rigged/animated character from blender to unity via fbx format. Only 1 of my 5 animations shows up and it is incorrectly named in Unity. This seems to be a new issue because I was able to import animations about a year or so ago in Unity but I need to confirm this.

Having said all of that does anyone else have problems exporting animations from blender to Unity with "Legacy" Animations? Does this mean I am forced to adopt the "MECHANIM" system even though its just a sort of a crutch for programmers and I actually like figuring out how to code animations?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. gooncorp

gooncorp

i figured it out i have to figure out what i did different in blender when i exported. it seems to have been an error on my part, sorry guys.

3. gooncorp

gooncorp

FIX:

ok here was the error: when in blender, attaching the animations through dopesheet with f indicator has some confusing behaviour. to remove the action unselect f and then hit delete action, which still shows up in the dopesheet but is no longer active because there is no f indicator next to it. the other significant fix to note is to separate the animations into their own frame sets. so animation 1 goes on frames 1 - 30. animation 2 goes on frames 31 to 60. now export to unity. both the animations you want to export should have been enabled through dopesheet action editor with f indicator (sorry i know this is confusing i dont really know what this stuff does only what i can see). so the actions (blenders way of saying animation i know not very logical) that are exported from blender need to have their own unique frames, and an f next to their name on the dopesheet. once they are exported at this point they work.