Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Blender 2.8 support in Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by IJM, Aug 2, 2019.

1. IJM

IJM

Does anyone know when will import for .blend files, made with Blender 2.8, be supported in Unity Editor?

ecv80 likes this.
  2. arahmitz

arahmitz

Import as .fbx.

3. Grizmu

Grizmu

It's supposed to be working, looking at the issue tracker, but it seems that some people are still having problems with blender 2.8 files.

I would advise you to place a bug report containing a project with the model that refuses to be imported correctly.

4. arahmitz

arahmitz

Remember that OFFICIAL 2.80 just landed, and they changed the layer-based system into collection-based system for the models, and that's why there's a problem with importing .blend files.

5. GuidewireGames

GuidewireGames

would really love to move to using blender 2.8 and I loved the workflow of using blend files in the project. I had a 2.79 model that had a bunch of curves and it imported fine. 2.8 doesn't seem to bring in the curves but brings in other elements.

6. garrettfuselier

garrettfuselier

Agreed! Still having issues. Even uninstalled previous versions of Blender

unityunity