Search Unity

Blender 2.65a exporting to .fbx problem

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Velo222, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Velo222

Velo222

Hello,

I recently made a model in Blender and I created 2 separate actions for my model (so it has 2 animations). Now for my game making in Unity, I like to have the "only deform bones" option checked when exporting my model to .fbx for critical performance reasons. However, when I check this option in the export settings for .fbx format, my animations do not export at all.

Here is the odd thing though, when I uncheck the "only deform bones" box, then my animations DO export properly. Unfortunately, I kind of need the "only deform bones" option, otherwise my game will lag very badly in Unity.

I created a model previously that worked just fine when exporting with the "only deform bones" option checked. The animations exported and everything. What could be causing my animations not to export properly when I have this option checked?

Note: I also tried exporting to .fbx format in two other versions of Blender, and the animations still will not export unless I uncheck the "only deform bones" option.

2. Velo222

Velo222

So after much digging around. I noticed in the system console this message:

FBX export starting... 'file path here'
    action: "Idle" has no armature using it, skipping export finished in 0.0967 sec.

So apparently, it's just been deliberately skipping exporting my actions for some reason.

I do have an armature. I have no idea why it's not associating my armature with the action. After doing some googling I found this mentioned:

This is from another website:
    Quote:

But I have no idea what that means, or how to fix the "action groups". Perhaps this isn't even my problem, but it seems I'm getting close now.

3. vvaris

vvaris

I'm having the same problem, did you ever solved this?

4. Steviebops

Steviebops

Im also having this problem. Im assuming it's an issue on the Blender side, but Im curious to know if anyone here found a fix.

5. vvaris

vvaris

Yes, the fix is to have at least one key in the root of deforming bones. Blender don't bake animations to FBX if the deformer bones dont have at least one keyframe.

6. Nanako

Nanako

can you explain this more precisely? what do you mean?