Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Blend mode in Sprite-Lit shaders in ShaderGraph

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by AlexVillalba, Dec 27, 2020.

1. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Hi everybody, currently it is not possible to change how a sprite is blended with the underlying pixels (additive, multiply, etc.), whereas it is allowed in normal Lit shaders of URP. It would be great to have that option.

appci_nakano_shohei likes this.
  2. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

Hi @ThundThund! I wanted to confirm that you meant this option in the Graph Inspector in Shader Graph:
    Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 5.17.04 PM.png
    It would be great to get an idea of what you are trying to achieve with this option. A visual reference would be especially useful!

3. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Yes, that's the option I'm referring to.
    Decals or VFX. There are many examples out there: https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/481251910176439676/

The result of normal alpha blending is quite different to using additive blending, for example.

4. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Hi, I'm re-reading my answer and I think I expressed poorly, causing some confusion. What I was asking for is to have the same option you shown in the picture but in the Sprite-Lit and Sprite-Unlit shaders, which is currently not available.