Search Unity

Other [removed]

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Megalith-L, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Megalith-L

Megalith-L

[removed]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  2. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

I'm surprised nobody talking about this, might want to create a new thread in MWU or WIP forum.
    I'll check it out :)

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

looks nice but doesnt polybrush already do this for free in unity?

EDIT: saw it also blends heightmaps which is cool

4. tcourbet

tcourbet

It looks great, especially for a free asset! :)
    I haven't tried it yet (I will soon!) but I assume the Contact Blending is just between 2 meshes and won't work on terrains?

5. Adam-Bailey

Adam-Bailey

Awesome of you to release this for free. Obviously the functionality can be achieved with polybrush but just from the video I can see situations where this tool would be easier to use.

6. Adam-Bailey

Adam-Bailey

If you get fancy and use the new Shadergraph then it can be done, but certainly not as easily as this (plus that doesn't work with legacy pipeline like yours does).

7. tcourbet

tcourbet

Thanks for the answer!
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I assumed that the transition texture would have to come from a mesh with a BlendMachineSurface material applied. In the case of a terrain, that would mean replacing the default terrain shader with a custom one, right? I don't think that would work to just swap it with a BlendMachineSurface?
    But I might be missing something! :confused:

Edit: works really well between 2 meshes though!

8. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

@Blobinet Oh btw when i select a texture array asset your editor script that showed the content ,it make the editor to slow down, like a lot

9. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Oh there's an update? i'll try the latest

10. Milanis

Milanis

Holy cow! Blobinet! If this is becoming something strong like this: http://polycount.com/discussion/174377/witcher-3-blood-and-wine-architectural-material then you should think about releasing a pro package. Thank you for the free shader, you got money. <3

Atm, we're looking for an solution like seen on the blood-and-wine architectural material, supporting these numbers of PBR with a lot of options for coloring, blending and adding additional dust/rust/dirt layers on top. I'm going to test your shader and will response with a little review after. Thank you, Sir.

11. BKprod

BKprod

Hello Blobinet !

I've just purchased your plugin. I have looked for something that blends multiple materials with height for years now.

The thing is, everything works as intended except the painting part !
    I've done everything you show on the video, the array is built, textures are showing on my mesh, I can even fill texture or wetness. Only the painting part won't seems to work for me.

Maybe I am missing something ?
    I'm using Unity 2018.1.0f2

12. BKprod

BKprod

Yep exactly as you say, painting is enabled, the gizmo shows up, I haven't any errors in the console, but clicking does nothing. I'm not using HDRP or Lightweight.
    Curiously I also tested with 2017.4.2f2 and the same problem appears.

13. BKprod

BKprod

Well I was just testing that, and it works perfectly whith the demo package on any other new project.
    Same settings, same plugins, same Unity version... (it's a VR project with some plugins targetting Windows.)
    Very curious.

I've done everything I could with various versions, the painting just won't work on this specific project.
    At least it works now. Thanks for the awesome plugin !

14. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

It looks interesting!
    Any plan to release it on asset store?

15. danielrugu

danielrugu

This is one of the best finds in this forum. Great work

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

17. Quast

Quast

Thank you for sharing this tool. I tried to use it in my project using unity 2018.3.0f2 PipeLine.
    I'm trying to blend house with ground. I't didn't work !!!
    First it doesn't work. It's give me pink material all the time !! I tried to update this mate to LRP but not updated !!?
    Second, I think what you showing in this video is old version. From first second till 1:03 all steps is good but the house is still pink !!
    Could help me with this issue ?
    Thank you.

18. Quast

Quast

Great. I hope you will do that soon. Thank you.

19. d12duke

d12duke

This is absolutely Phenomenal!!

20. Jeremy-Borton

Jeremy-Borton

Thank you so much, this is amazing!!!

21. Myging

Myging

When I apply the Contact Blending Baker Script, it sais that the "SourceMesh is not readable !" and the blend does not work at all. Nor does the painting.

Update: Sourcemesh could be made readable in the import settings of the mesh by enabling Read/write. The issue is that the blend between two meshes does not work at all. There is a harsh line.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  22. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

I downloaded Blend Machine today, is there a version number anywhere? It would help to identify if some user is using an outdated version of the asset.

In my tests, the BlendMachine Surface shader, the texture painter and the Advanced Contact Blending shader are working nicely! :)
    But the Simple Contact Blending shader doesn't seem to be working... :(

I'm using Unity 2019.1.2f1. I tested the Simple Contact shader in the demo scene (using the included test objects), and in another scene where I created other objects and added the necessary components (following the pdf guide's instructions).
    In both cases, I click the Bake button and nothing seems to happen.

23. awesomedata

awesomedata

It would be really nice if this were updated to work in HDRP/LWRP and on 2019.2+

I've not seen a tool like this before. I'm pretty certain it'd be ridiculously popular! -- Are there still plans to update it?

pachermann likes this.
  24. Milanis

Milanis

This is awesome news! Thank you for doing this since we would really love to use it on our HDRP pipeline. You're awesome.

25. MCYCShadow

MCYCShadow

It is such a neat tool, but i cant seem to use it anymore since some parts of the scripts need to be updated. Its simply the panter cursor who seems to not be working anymore on the 2019.2 version.

Edit: i should have attached some more infos.

Those are the warnings i get.

Edit2:
    It seems that it is the same problem like BKProd had. If i add the tool to a different project it just works fine.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  26. pachermann

pachermann

@Blobinet hey, how the progress of the HDRP port? can't wait to buy it!

27. awesomedata

awesomedata

I'm curious about what limitations you're facing -- I'm actually surprised at how robust shader graph has become, but I've been looking into doing what you're doing for quite some time with different solutions and I've had no real luck in getting it to be flexible across multiple non-terrain mesh objects (which is what I'm aiming for).

28. Immu

Immu

Ahr yes, we would be in a dear need of shadergraph support, with LWRP compatibility :3
    Nontheless, impressive work. Will definitely pay for such an asset like that :)

29. keeponshading

keeponshading

love it. thanks

30. keeponshading

keeponshading

OOH.
    Do you think it is possible to get the bakin right.
    Here my result in 2019.3.0f1.
    I lowered the samples so that the non baked areas (no dots) are better visible.

BAKE.JPG

pachermann likes this.
  31. awesomedata

awesomedata

Seems like this node might give you some access to the mesh tangents you need? -- I'm not sure, but I'm thinking creatively here, that you may be able to do some of your special processing stuff in a "SubGraph" (which seems to be the way Unity is wanting us to do it).

As you may already be aware, ShaderGraph has all the basic "stages" of rendering, and as such, maybe this is helpful for understanding how to customize that portion. Honestly, a SubGraph step seems like a good idea to make it more modular anyhow.

I think a triplanar world space texture could be a good start, then a detail texture overlaid onto the World Space texture to make it blend more easily. There was a Star Wars game that had a world-space blended shader like this actually. They could control the blur between the contact positions this way without having to get into the grit too deeply. Maybe they too modified the tangents, but I don't remember. There's a nice video on the net about this if you haven't seen it already. It might give you some ideas.

Great job with the texture blending though! -- Looks really nice so far! Hopefully this works with meshes as terrain too.

Megalith-L likes this.
  32. keeponshading

keeponshading

check this out. couldb helpful.
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2019/11/2...e-surface-gradient-framework-in-shader-graph/

I also baked your demo scene in Bakery(Directional Dominant direction and shadowmask) . The result is much better than Progressive but the blending areas normals are not correct. They seem rotated.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Megalith-L likes this.
  33. talharing

talharing

Hello!

I am using the regular 3D rendering path, 2019.2.11f, but when trying to use the Contact Blending Shaders I get different results between scene mode and game mode...

scene:

game:

Do you have any idea why?

Thank you for everything! Great tool!

Also, I was wondering if there is any way to use this tool to also paint decals?

Thx again,

T.H

34. TheIronTyrant

TheIronTyrant

Are you still working on this by chance?

35. MCYCShadow

MCYCShadow

Any update on the project? :) would love to use it in the future with hdrp

36. kevinsyang17

kevinsyang17

Hello!! Is this still available for download. I really need this in a project of mine. Thanks!

pachermann likes this.
  37. MCYCShadow

MCYCShadow

works on russian roulette basis, sometimes it works in a project, sometimes it doesnt, i have to create new projects on and on until it works suddenly. Latest version tested on was 2019.3

Fibonaccov likes this.
  38. TuomoLuukkanen

TuomoLuukkanen

Commenting on this in order to come back here later.

I swear to go I've been looking all over internet for a working solution.

39. SoldatDuChrist

SoldatDuChrist

Same here! im a total noob and don't want to have to follow 30 step tutorials on youtube to achieve this effect, i buy it as fast as possible if it has Universal render pipeline support and works with unity 2021 and up :)

40. stechmann

stechmann

Is this available for purchase?

Immu likes this.
  41. nra

nra

Tactical v2 dot

42. eliteforcevn

eliteforcevn

waiting for news :#

43. StellarVeil

StellarVeil