Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blast Happy

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by jonboris, May 3, 2012.

1. jonboris

jonboris

Hi, allow me to introduce Blast Happy :)

http://youtu.be/5k7x3ascChw

"Blast your way to a huge high-score in our addictive tap-fest!"

Platform: iOS

It's a super-simple tap-to-blast arcade game where you move your puck by blasting it around the world. Bullet-time, super-blasts and other power-ups help you on your way to get massive combos... and massive scores. The Facebook leaderboard lets you beat your mates, and even try to become the best blaster in the world.

I'm getting really close to finishing this, just need to get a few glitches with the particles resolved and I'll be ready to release. It currently only has 2 game modes, normal and practice mode, but I aim to add more game modes post-release.

More screenshots here.
    The obligatory promo site: http://playblasthappy.co.uk/
    Music by NARSTI

2. Tobias J.

Tobias J.

Looking at the vid on the promo site, I don't get the controls at all.

The tabs doesn't seem to change the direction of the player object, nor does it shoot anything out.

The graphics look great though!

3. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what choices you're making in the video to get a higher score or what the challenge is, but it looks cool enough to keep an eye out for.

4. jonboris

jonboris

@Tobias Thanks, yeah I need to re-cut the video to explain a bit more I think!

Whenever you tap the screen it creates an explosion that blasts your puck around:

I'm really struggling to record footage actually. I can record the iPad screen, which is good because you can see my hand, but is really S***ty quality. Although it's smooth. I tried recording in Unity editor using screen capture but it always jerks slightly... even though Activity Monitor on my mac says I'm using like 2% of the processor...

Anyone got any pro tips?