Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Blank Errors : All comiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BikeNomad, Aug 8, 2019.

1. BikeNomad

BikeNomad

Hi All, Just started on Unity ( again) this time because I just found out that it now can run on Linux.

I have an ubuntu system, with Nvidia 1050 discrete graphic. The installations went fine.

I am also able to launch the editor and add screen elements.

However, when I try to run a scene, I see that I have errors without any text with them and double clicking on them does nothing. I spent about an hour on the net to figure it out, but I just cant. I made a new blank project and still get the same issue.

Can anyone help me out here ?

2. SamSpain

SamSpain

I'm also encountering this.
    It's a huge shame I haven't managed to get Unity scenes running on Ubuntu as I was very excited go all-linux for games development.

Could we please get a video from the Unity team that starts from scratch to create a working dev environment in Ubuntu?

Attached Files:

3. SamSpain

SamSpain

4. BikeNomad

BikeNomad

Thank you so much @SamSpain ! This worked finally. It guess now that I have started using Ubuntu as my main OS of choice, maybe I should stick to the LTS versions...

unityunity