Search Unity

Blackscreens with latest XR plugin on oculus quest.

Discussion in 'VR' started by Jaimi, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Jaimi

Jaimi

I'm using the latest XR plugin, downloaded from the Unity Asset store in the Oculus Integration. My system is setup correctly, as far as I can see. Followed all the steps from Oculus and Unity.

Verified the XR settings.
    Verified the player settings.
    Verified all the android setup.
    I load up the sample scene, add all the scenes it uses to the build.
    Build the scenes from the VR folder, or the SampleFramework folder.

Build and Run APK from the Oculus menu.

Quest shows a black screen. If I hit the power button, and put it to sleep. Then hit it again to wake it, I see the scene for a short flash.

But then it's black again.

I've seen several posts like this. And each time it's "I forgot to check V2 signing (quest) in the XR plugins", but I've done that. Or "You have to set API compat to 23". I've already done that too.

Has anyone had any luck with the current plugin?
    Was there anything you had to do that was not documented anywhere?

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

As always, as soon as I posted, I figured it out.

Following the instructions does not work.

Pressing the "install the latest plugin" button in the XR plugin settings, does not in fact, install the latest plugin. You have to go to the package manager, and find that button has installed 1.3.4. There is an even later version (1.4.0), you can install that and then everything works.

3. dfkan12

dfkan12

Thanks for your post Jaimi. This worked for us too. The only thing however is that we have been using the XR Rig camera at it seems like the height is off for roomscale experience (scene is raised at eye level). Do not know whether you experienced a similar problem

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

I haven't got that far, sorry!

5. dfkan12

dfkan12

alright, i think it works now.

6. TimeWalk-org

TimeWalk-org

This was the answer for me too. In my case, I was up-to-date on the latest Oculus XR Plugin (was on 1.5.0 "verified"), but started seeing the black window whenever I built and ran my app on an Oculus Quest (or even a Quest 2). Per Jaimi's suggestion, I installed the latest ("preview"!) Oculus XR Plugin (v1.6.0) and everything worked again.

fgeorg_oculus and Jaimi like this.