Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

BlackScreen on iPhone6S Plus

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RobertO280, Oct 15, 2015.

1. RobertO280

RobertO280

Hey people,

I do not know what I should look further classified yet .

I have a project in Unity when I create this for iOS - Xcode and my iPhone 6 Plus ( iOS 9.0 ) everything works.
    By my new iPhone 6S Plus comes a black screen and that's it . The log of Xcode is empty .

With another project the same settings all goes . iossimulator 6SPlus goes.

What can be?

Unity Xcode latest versions .

Sorry for my English - Google translate.

2. Gametyme

Gametyme

Which version of Xcode are you using? My builds work perfect on both.

3. greg-harding

greg-harding

Are you using antialiasing and any post-effects or grabpasses?

We're still having trouble with 5.2.x on iOS using quality settings with antialiasing and any shader that does a grabpass. The screen goes black until the material/shader doing the grabpass isn't rendered or we disable antialiasing.

(http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...roid-unity-4-2-0f4.192561/page-2#post-2306233 @Alexey, bug filed Case 729439.)

We've not tested any 5.2.1patch releases yet as the bug hasn't been answered, but 5.2.1p4 which just came out does mention a fix in the release notes for iOS, OpenGL ES and AA (http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...ng-causes-black-screen-with-gles-error-0x0500). That issue only lists OpenGL ES 2, though, and we're seeing problems using Metal too.

4. RobertO280

RobertO280

Xcode is 7.0.1
    unity is 5.2.1f1

The problem is unfortunately another problem . I have tried all sorts of settings for test purposes .
    The strange thing is that it runs on the 6+ with the same iOS . only on the new 6S + not .
    I will now time to create a new project and everything manually rewrite maybe it's all then .
    If he wants to open the app then comes the black screen before the splash screen comes . without an error message .
    Another App from me works fine on 6S+. Confused

5. RobertO280

RobertO280

Hey Guys,

I Create a new Projekt and Copy all Assets and Tags to the new Projekt and the app Works fine.

:)

6. schplurg

schplurg

I am having Anti Aliasing issues with the newest iOS devices. I'm still trying to track down which ones.

Using Unity 4.6.4. My players/testers can enable or disable AA in the game, so we've determined it is definitely AA causing it. It is a black screen now, though previously it was as if a material or texture wasn't dumped (or whatever) and then displayed in the wrong place - such as a texture from the previous game level being used as the background in my main menu.

Can anyone here share what devices they know have this issue? Since I don't imagine this being fixed soon, I would like to disable the AA option per device so others can still use it.

The devices I know it happened on:
    iPad mini 3
    iPhone 6 or 6s not sure which, I'm waiting for confirmation.