Search Unity

Blacklisting in Firefox developer edition

Discussion in 'Web' started by diekeure, Dec 8, 2015.

1. diekeure

diekeure

Hello,

I have a weird issue, I was testing our game and suddenly, without having a new build or anything (afaik) I get these errors when I start our game:

Code (csharp):
    1. Error: WebGL: Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. UnityConfig.js:30:18
    2. Error: WebGL: Refused to create native OpenGL context because of blacklisting. UnityConfig.js:30:18
    3. Error: WebGL: WebGL creation failed. UnityConfig.js:30:18
    4. Error: WebGL: Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. UnityConfig.js:33:16
    5. Error: WebGL: Refused to create native OpenGL context because of blacklisting. UnityConfig.js:33:16
    6. Error: WebGL: WebGL creation failed.
    I have this only in the latest Firefox Developer Edition. This morning all was fine, starting the game again after lunch and I had these errors.
    Anyone an idea what happened?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. diekeure

diekeure

Ok, maybe one change I did: in the options of the developer edition I switched off the "Multiprocess" option, causing Firefox to run in one process. I enabled that again and the issue is gone.
    But I did run the game a couple of times in one process though, so that's not entirely it.

3. sirrus

sirrus

I upgraded my Firefox browser to v43 yesterday. This morning I accessed a Unity WebGL game and Firefox crashed. Since that time, I get the error described here (w/o blacklisting message) when accessing ANY WebGL content.

get.webgl.org says that my browser supports webGL but it is disabled/unavailable yet every configuration setting for webGL is set to default. Even if I try to force webGL (via about:config), the same issue applies.

I realize that this is probably a Firefox issue but is anyone else experiencing this??

4. sirrus

sirrus

This turned out to be a video card driver issue that somehow correlated with Firefox. The issue was not detected in Chrome.. Updated drivers solved the problem.

diekeure likes this.
  5. kognito1

kognito1

6. sirrus

sirrus

Which is very strange since
    a) The card is brand new, not on the blacklist that I can see and drivers were updated on installation (last week)
    b) Had no problems with WebGL content until the crash (which was probably a memory issue).

Oh well... Thanks for that info.

7. sirrus

sirrus

OK. Not to beat this horse even further but the same thing happened AGAIN. Firefox crashed because of memory overflow and WebGL was no longer available.

The only solution was to update graphics drivers even though Id been using the same drivers successfully for the last week (after updating them due to this issue). Just posting here in case other people experience something similar. May have to alert Mozilla on this one.