Search Unity

BlackBerry Classic Splash Screen Issues

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by MrEsquire, Jan 21, 2015.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

For anyone who develops for the BlackBerry you will know there is some little pain you will have to go through. Currently I have to make two different .bar files for my game so that the correct screen resolutions are supported. First bar is ok, for the older devices, no issues.

The two new phones, Passport and Classic are the fan boys new favourites. Passport has orientation issues present in Unity, I have overcome this by rotating the Splash screen image I'm using. Now the Classic is suffering from the same issue. App is rejected each time because of this, I do not have the Classic phone to test on, and of course cannot make two splash screens, I can do the unprofessional way of make another .bar file, this should not be the case. Keep asking on these forums for additional support but keep getting file a bug report(even If one does its hard to explain the issue apart from the rejection message I get from BlackBerry screen splash screen orientation is wrong). I think someone just needs to sit down and understand these devices abit more and add some more Splash screen options to Unity for BlackBerry.