Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Black textures on Android

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by hickv, Nov 25, 2022.

1. hickv

hickv

Unity 2021.3.14f1 LTS
    URP 12.1.8

Help

I am getting a weird bug where all my shader-graph shaders have black textures. Whats even more odd is that they still alphatest correctly. I attached a logcat.txt in case anyone can help.

Thanks

boxes_player.png boxes_editor.png

tree_player.png tree_editor.png

EDIT 1:
    Just found out that it is a texture issue and not a shader issue. I managed to compile the shaders just fine on a second project. However the textures for some reason become black on builds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. hickv

hickv

Alright I managed to fix it. I will explain just in case some gets to a similar problem.

What I said in 'EDIT 1' was incorrect - the error was URP 'LIT' shader related and NOT texture related as I initially concluded (a separate bug that led me to false-positive think it was texture related).

For some reason all Lit shaders were rendering black (as well as ShaderGraph Lit-derived shaders).

I believe what caused the issue was me downgrading from version '2022.1.23f1' to '2021.314f1 LTS'. The downgrade somehow corrupted shaders ? I have no idea since eveything works fine in Editor.

The reason I downgraded is because '2022.1.23f1' has a 'Access denied' bug when building (unrelated to post).

I fixed the black rendering issue by creating a blank URP project on the mentioned LTS version and just porting/moving all my assets over.

DevDunk likes this.