Search Unity

Bug Black textures on Android

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by hickv, Nov 25, 2022.

1. hickv

hickv

Unity 2021.3.14f1 LTS
    URP 12.1.8

Help

I am getting a weird bug where all my shader-graph shaders have black textures. Whats even more odd is that they still alphatest correctly. I attached a logcat.txt in case anyone can help.

Thanks

boxes_player.png boxes_editor.png

tree_player.png tree_editor.png

EDIT 1:
    Just found out that it is a texture issue and not a shader issue. I managed to compile the shaders just fine on a second project. However the textures for some reason become black on builds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. hickv

hickv

Alright I managed to fix it. I will explain just in case some gets to a similar problem.

What I said in 'EDIT 1' was incorrect - the error was URP 'LIT' shader related and NOT texture related as I initially concluded (a separate bug that led me to false-positive think it was texture related).

For some reason all Lit shaders were rendering black (as well as ShaderGraph Lit-derived shaders).

I believe what caused the issue was me downgrading from version '2022.1.23f1' to '2021.314f1 LTS'. The downgrade somehow corrupted shaders ? I have no idea since eveything works fine in Editor.

The reason I downgraded is because '2022.1.23f1' has a 'Access denied' bug when building (unrelated to post).

I fixed the black rendering issue by creating a blank URP project on the mentioned LTS version and just porting/moving all my assets over.

diasrodrigo and DevDunk like this.